Re: Reproducing the cygwin X problems

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Jon TURNEY >

> It seems likely that this clipboard contention between multiple applications
> might behave differently on machines with multi-core processors (which I
> don't have the capability to test on), so can you indicate if you are using
> single-core or multi-core processor?

Indeed, I'm using a dual core machine.

However, in an attempt to test your hypothesis, I've set the affinity
of XWin.exe, emacs, and the vncviewer to only use CPU0 (through the
task manager).

This had no positive affect on the problem: the instant I highlighted
some text within emacs my copy-paste functionality was dead,
regardless of affinity.

    --Dan