Re: Intermittent X clipboard failure

I've got similar problems with the clipboard but with another clipboard history tool (CLCL).
It seems that, at some point, X puts something in the clipboard with a format not correctly managed by CLCL and until I put something else in the clipboard (and that's not always easy to achieve) the clipboard does not work correctly.

Ciao,
	Danilo

Devin Armstrong wrote:
I have been experiencing this issue frequently ever since I "up"graded
to the new X server and xterm last month. I am using xterm. I haven't
tried rxvt. I have MS Office XP on WinXP SP2. Disabling the Office
Clipboard as suggested doesn't work for me. Once I get in this state
copy/paste functionality is broken for all apps. To get the Windows
clipboard working I have to kill the X server using Task Manager as
telling it to exit using the right-click menu on the X icon in
notification area doesn't work. It looks like the X server hangs on
shutdown.

I have found that going back to xterm 229 works slightly better but
still has the issue (and that's kind of a pain as I have install some
obsolete libraries to get it working). This used to work without issue
with the old 6.8.x X servers. I have to have MS Outlook running at all
times as that is my work email client.

Devin

-- Danilo Turina Alcatel-Lucent Software Developer OND Network Management Rieti (Italy) Phone: +39 0746 600332

7 anni 10 mesi 8 giorni 32 secondi