Re: X / gtk-x11 / flicker and other problems [+PATCH]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon TURNEY"

videoproto isn't packaged as it doesn't do anything useful for us. You need to configure with --disable-xv

xkbfile is provided by libxkbfile-devel

Okay, I fixed those problems and the build appeared to go okay, following
these instructions (for a Standard build) but adding --disable-xv at the
configure stage:-

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/prog-build-native.html

I then got to the next stage which is to try running the local build.  I
issued this command:-

hw/xwin/XWin -multiwindow -multiplemonitors -clipboard -silent-dup-error

but got a message box saying "A fatal error has occured and Cygwin/X will
now exit. Please open /usr/var/log/XWin %s.log for more information"

However, there's no such folder on my system.  I do have a folder called
/var/log/ but the most recent file in it is dated about an hour ago...   :-(

Simply issuing  'hw/xwin/XWin' gives me the same problem.  Also (this may be
significant) my new XWin.exe (weighing in at just under 9Mb) is about double
the size of the previous one.

John