Re: XWin keyboard problem after upgrade

Markus Moeller wrote:
"Jon TURNEY" <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote in message 49636E4D.9080508@dronecode.org.uk">news:49636E4D.9080508@dronecode.org.uk...
Markus Moeller wrote:
When I upgraded my cygwin installation to 2.573.2.3 on Windows Vista XWin doesn't take anymore keyboard input. The previous version was working fine and I could forward xterms from my Unix server. Now I get the xterm but I can not type anything into the windows. I can do cut and paste of commands from another window.

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-i-cant-type-anything ?

Thank you for the quick reply, but my startxwin.but had no setting. Adding XKEYSYMDB with the new path fixed it.

Attached is my startxwin.bat which I think is the new one.

I'd guess this very likely means that you have somethiing else that is putting XKEYSYMDB into your environment.

I'll update the FAQ to mention this possibility...