Re: PATCH:

Colin Harrison wrote:
Hi,

Jon wrote
* The patch to really fix -silent-dup-error

I don't get this? How does this manifest itself, perhaps my test is different? (I don't have server lock file(s))

Yes, I think this due to the lock file code.

OsInit() does a LockServer() before OsVendorInit() (which is where I'd tried moving the call to winCheckDisplayNumber() to initially). I couldn't really see a simple way of moving this check earlier, since it needs to be after ProcessCommandLine() so we know what the display number is, hence the rather in-elegant solution :(

I don't really quite get what the lock files and the mutex are doing for us, the server will still fail at the socket bind if there's already a duplicate server on the same display number.