Re: No repetition of keys in X11R7

Rodrigo Medina wrote:
Jon Turney wrote:
This keyboard layout should be auto-detected, so you
 shouldn't need to do anything to get it work

Actually the X11 us international map that XWin puts is quite different from the Windows us-international map, the map us(intl) is more similar to Window's one.

Oh, yes, I see... there is both '-layout us -variant intl'
and '-layout us -variant alt-intl' (this last one is the one we currently select when windows has 'English (USA, International)' keyboard layout configured.

I'm not sure if you are telling me the 'intl' variant should be selected for this keyboard layout, or if you just prefer it...

You might try "xset q" to check what the reported key repeat settings are

Using xset I have discovered the following:

After starting XWin with
$ XWin -multiwindow -clipboard &
 XWin.0.log says:
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31

but if xset q is ran before opening any client it reports:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25

Now if a client is opened, then xset q reports:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  500    repeat rate:  31

Thanks for this. This was very helpful in trying to work out what was responsible for this weirdness.

> Just for curiosity, why there is now an additional lock file?

The code to use this lock file was optional (and disabled under Cygwin/X) in the old X server. Now it's always enabled.