Re: cygwin and cygwin-xfree lists to merge

From: "Christopher Faylor"
I could do the cygwin-xfree -> cygwin mirroring fairly easily and even
prepend a "[X11]" to the subject.  Going in the other direction would
require more work.  And, it seems like that would start to make things
more complicated.

We could adopt a convention of prepending [X11] or [Xorg] in front of
X-related messages but I'm sure that people who don't want to see
traffic wouldn't consider that an acceptable alternative to a separate
mailing list.

You are correct. This also involves more work on our parts, since we have to write email rules to delete any non [X11] or [Xorg] emails. Plus, let's not forget the folks that will reply with non-X related emails about a cygwin emails, just because something in the conversation reminded them or another cygwin issue.

josé