Re: xterm line wrapping

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 10:57:53AM -0500, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wonder if anyone else sees this. When I open an xterm, it all works
> fine with the default dimensions. But if I resize the terminal, line
> wrapping stops working until I return to the initial size. This was
> present in the old xterm, and persists after upgrading to the new one.

that sounds like the "feature" in bash which makes it not pass on the
SIGWINCH signal, depending on bash's settings.  (I should add it to
my ncurses faq, since the bash maintainer doesn't answer this question)

> Interestingly, if I have a file opened in vi when resizing, vi works
> quite well and wraps the lines correctly according to the terminal
> size. But when I get out of vi I get the same problems back :-(

vi is probably doing the ioctl to check on the screensize...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net>
http://invisible-island.net