This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: X11 apps failing after upgrade
Richard Toy wrote:
We get all the same issues described in .
Furthermore, installing the Solaris patch mentioned in  made *NO*
difference (we are using Solaris 9).
Any suggestions as to how to progress this issue further?
If you are willing to do some further investigation, it would be a great help
if you could:
* build the X server from source with debugging enabled
(no, don't run away! the autotoolized modular server is much easier to work
with the monolithic imaked monstrosity)
Rebuilding the source *should* be as simple as:
1) Run cygwin setup, select cygport, the xorg-server source package; the
packages for it's build-time dependencies, and devel packages corresponding to
it's run-time dependencies. The dependencies for xorg-server are listed in
2) cd /usr/src/
3) edit xorg-server-1.5.3-3.cygport to add CFLAGS="-g -O0" to the line
4) cygport xorg-server-1.5.3-3.cygport prep compile
I have made a start at updating http://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/cygwin-x-cg.html,
so you may find that helpful, but it still needs more work so don't take it as
* run XWin under gdb, set a breakpoint on ProcXkbSetNamedIndicator, and tell
me where and what the context is when it returns BadAlloc...
1) cd xorg-server-1.5.3-4/build/hw/xwin/.libs
2) gdb --args ./XWin.exe -multiwindow -clipboard
3) b ProcXkbSetNamedIndicator
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html