Re: X, backingstore and opengl

Jon TURNEY wrote:

Ok, I've tried this and a few other things an I can't reproduce this, so I'd like your help to get a backtrace if you are willing:

1. Download http://www.dronecode.org.uk/cygwin/XWin.exe.bz2
(this is a build of XWin with debugging symbols)
2. bunzip2.exe XWin.exe.bz2
3. export CYGWIN="$CYGWIN error_start=gdb -nw %1 %2"
4. ./XWin.exe -multiwindow -clipboard +bs
5. Do what ever you do to reproduce the problem
6. When a gdb window pops up, wait for the (gdb) prompt, then "thread apply all bt full"
7. Mail me the output

I have done the above, but the 'XWin.exe' you propose DOES NOT segfault!

However I note:

1. it has the icon of X11R6.99, not that of X11R7.4

2. with it, I have the keyboard layout problem described here [1], and
   rebasing does not solve

3. with it not only ROOT, hsimple.C etc. work but the OpenGL demos work
   without the workaround described here [2] (remember the OpenGL
   problems here [3]).

Apart from 2., with your XWin.exe, ROOT works just as with the old X11R6...

Cheers,
   Angelo.

---
[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2008-11/msg00045.html