Re: No repetition of keys in X11R7

Jon Turney wrote:
>This keyboard layout should be auto-detected, so you
>  shouldn't need to do anything to get it work

Actually the X11 us international map that XWin puts is quite
different from the Windows us-international map, the map
us(intl) is more similar to  Window's one.

>You might try "xset q" to check what the reported key repeat settings are

Using xset I have discovered the following:

After starting XWin with
$ XWin -multiwindow -clipboard &
 XWin.0.log says:
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31

but if xset q is ran before opening any client it reports:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25

Now if a client is opened, then xset q reports:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  500    repeat rate:  31

If the map is changed with setxkbmap the autorepeat values remain the same
and everything is OK

If instead the map is changed with setxkbmap before any client is opened
then the repeat values are
  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25

and those values remain the same after opening a client. With those values
the key repetition does not function.
If I change the values with xset r rate 500 31  everything is OK.

>How are you stopping the X server?
With the exit button that appears in the server icon that appears in the
task bar.

Thank you very much,

bye
RM