Re: Bad XTerm Vim coloring

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Nick Deubert wrote:

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com> wrote:
Rereading your email, I also tried with .vimrc having
just

set syntax=on
set background=dark

but aside from seeing that the syntax coloring went away, didn't see
any change in the result - no "+r" in the script output.

"set syntax=on" should be "syntax on" which is probably why you saw no syntax highlighting. The "set syntax=" just sets the file type. Is there anything else you want me to try? Build xterm from source maybe with different configure options? Thanks for your help Thomas.

well, building xterm without the tcap-query option should immediately solve the problem...

I don't know if vim has been using this feature of xterm with cygwin -
it may be that there's some unexpected time-delay or buffer-problem.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net