Re: Help with startxwin.bat (I did read the FAQ)

Hi Yakov,

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
<yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Srinath Avadhanula wrote:
>> I suddenly began getting the error message:
>>
>> A fatal error has occured and Cygwin/X will now exit. Please open
>> /tmp/XWin.log for more information. The trailing part of /tmp/XWin.log
>> mentions the following:
>
> Please upgrade to the latest xorg-server.

Thanks for the reply. I did upgrade to the latest xorg-server. (It is
now at 1.5.3-2). In fact, as I mentioned previously, I tried
reinstalling all packages under the X11 category. However, this
doesn't seem to fix things.

I have a suspicion that my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 directory is somehow
corrupted. An "ls" there shows fewer directories that on another
machine where this seems to work. On my (problem) machine:

$ ls /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/
app-defaults  lbxproxy   rstart  xdm    xkb      xsm
fs            proxymngr  twm     xinit  xserver

Strangely, no fonts/ directory! On another machine which I use where X
seems to be working fine, I see a whole bunch of other directories...

Regards,
Srinath