Re: Bad XTerm Vim coloring

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Nick Deubert <ndeubert@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Reid Thompson <reid.thompson@ateb.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 11:34 -0500, Nick Deubert wrote:
>>> Hey everyone,
>>> First off thanks for your hard work on cygwin/X it is very
>>> appreciated. I upgraded to the new Xorg last week and I have had one
>>
>> you didn't mention whether you'd ran setup.exe and re-installed vim --
>> perhaps one, or more, of vim's startup files got corrupted during the
>> update...???
>
> I downloaded the newest setup.exe and just did an upgrade which
> upgraded 100+ packages(maybe vim too). I just did a reinstall of vim
> and that didn't matter, but now I am doing a complete clean re-install
> of cygwin to see if that clears things up. I'll report back when that
> is complete.
> thanks

Well after a complete reinstall the problem still happens, with a
fresh home directory and everything. My .vimrc has only the 2 commands
I mentioned in my first email and in case it helps here's the line I'm
starting xterm with:
xterm -bg black -fg white -ls -sb -sl 5000 -rightbar -geometry 100x55
-e /usr/bin/bash -l

Also here is a new vim.out of me opening my .vimrc (longer file). It
appears like the kind of gibberish I see in the ruler is at the end of
this file.