Re: Xinerama

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

I also think that there may be some potential flaws in windowed
multiplemonitor mode that Xinerama support would fix.  While the current
behaviour makes sense in multiwindow mode, I'm not sure that it does in
windowed mode.  Since X window managers have no sense of what is really
happening in that case, placing a dialog in the centre of the X display
could easily land on the seam between two monitors.  (I know, I tried
it.)  With Xinerama support, however, they would have the necessary
information to DTRT.

This caused me to suspect that I'd misinterpreted some earlier mailings. Further research increased said suspicion. I'd like to make sure I'm following the conversation correctly.