Re: Still problems starting X

Jon TURNEY wrote:

'run' can only hide the window of the process it directly starts, I would guess.

With X11R7.4 there is a window that seems related to the process which 'run' starts, and a second window related, I think, to the need of writing:

----
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
Warning: Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
----

It would be useful to know the value of your CYGWIN environment variable, specifically if it contains 'tty'

Until now (I use Cygwin at least from May 2003) I never got the need to define CYGWIN. So I think it is undefined... or it has default values.

Just out of curiosity, what version of windows are you using?

XP Pro SP3.

Does setting the shortcut to run mimimized make any difference?

No.

Cheers,
   Angelo.