Re: Still problems starting X

Angelo Graziosi wrote:

With X11R6.99 this works just fine, but with the new X11R7.4 (also -3)
there are two annoying dos windows (which appear for less than an
instant), in the second of which (after many tries) I have seen that
there is this written:

[1] Should 'run' avoids/hides dos windows?

'run' can only hide the window of the process it directly starts, I would guess.

It would be useful to know the value of your CYGWIN environment variable, specifically if it contains 'tty'

Just out of curiosity, what version of windows are you using?

Does setting the shortcut to run mimimized make any difference?