Re: cygwin-x-doc refresh

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 08:14:33PM -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

Jon TURNEY wrote:
I've finished off a first pass at updating the cygwin-x-doc package I started
some time ago.  Updating the text was a bit less traumatic than expected as it
makes good use of entities for things like filenames and paths

Interestingly there are CVS repositories for this package at both
sourceware.org and at X.org.  The X.Org one seems to be more up to date, and
seems to contain some (formatting) changes after the 1.0.4 package was made.
That's certainly possible, but given that X.Org CVS is obsolete (in
favour of git) and neither of us have X.Org commit privileges, I think
we should move development back to sourceware.

I suspect that will mean that Jon will need write access to the CVS repository. If so, he should fill out the "handy dandy little form" at: http://sourceware.org, select cygwin-xfree as the project and use either Yaakov or me as the approver.

You can put whatever you like in this repository of course.

Thanks.

I have pushed cygwin-x-docs 1.0.4, then the current X.Org HEAD and then my
changes to /cvs/cygwin-xfree/docs.

I'm guessing I can't update the live version as it's in a different repository.