Re: Upgrade woes.

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:06:37 -0500, Chuck wrote:

>Dont Care wrote:
>> I have the same Numlock/Capslock issue (see my previous post).
>>
>> Stop fighting about this, it doesn't help ! Please, does anybody have
>> a solution ??
>
>Yes. The location of the startup bat files changed from /usr/X11R6/bin
>to /usr/bin. You need to change your start menu shortcuts to run the new
>.bat file. I think there's a package that's supposed to do it
>automatically for you too.

How does the location of the startup batch file affect the behavior of
numlock and capslock in xterm?

>I think the frustration on some people's behalf is that this question
>has been asked (and answered) maybe 50 times already on the list.

I for one did peruse the mailing list archives, and did a bunch of
google searching, before posting here.  I saw how things had been
moved from /usr/X11R6/foo to /usr/foo.  (That change makes zero sense
to me, but what the hell, I'm just a luser).  I do not see how that
affects the behavior of xterm, especially capslock/numlock/toolbar
behavior.  Maybe I'm just dense.

Try to see the frustration of the people who are asking these
questions -- suddenly things are broken, and it is not apparent why,
and the cygwin websites say nothing, and the hundreds of mailing-list
messages do not appear to address the questions we have.

Eric