Re: Small update for X server 1.5.3 patch set

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Jon TURNEY wrote:
>> Please find at the URL below a small update to the xorg server patch
>> set.
>
> Committed; could you please svn up and test?  I also changed the log
> location patch to use a separate log for each display (e.g. XWin.0.log),
> as is done on Linux; the old XWin.log name is still used when no display
> was actually launched.  What do you think about it?

Works for me.

Note that you don't actually need to the formatting of the log file name
yourself, LogInit() already has code to replace "%s" in the log file name with
the display name.

If your going to do a release soon-ish, you might considered disabling the
call to winRestoreModeKeyStates() in winmultiwindowwndproc.c.  The code which
tries to synchronize locking key states (e.g. caps lock, etc.) between X and
Windows has broken, so is now toggling the modifiers in X every time an X
window gains focus.  Having the lock state in X just unsynchronized instead
might be marginally less irritating until I get a chance to work on a proper fix.