Upgrade woes.

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:26:11 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:03:11AM -0500, Eric Roode wrote:
>>I updated my cygwin the other day, as I periodically do, and I am very
>>sorry I did so.  Here are some of the problems I have encountered.
>
>So you just blindly updated without noticing that X was changing?  Wow.
>It's amazing that you aren't being constantly burned by software updates
>with that kind of optimistic attitude.

Yeah, trust the developers.  How *could* I have been so stupid?

For the record, yes I upgrade all the time.  I happen to think it's
good practice to get regular patches.  In general, developers don't
push through upgrades that break everything.  I'm surprised (and
annoyed, and angry) that this wasn't the case this time.

Thanks for blaming the victim!

Eric