New X server

Hi. I appreciate the work you guys do for Cygwin, but I just got
blasted with the new xorg-server update when I was just trying to grab
another package. I say "blasted" because it was not a good thing.
Where I used to be able to lay out nice, clean terminal windows across
my Windows desktop, I now have a single, monolithic, unresizable
"Cygwin/X:0.0" window that seems to have a few terminal windows in it
and nothing else. These terminal windows are anything but nice and
clean, like the previous ones were. They're not resizable, either, and
also unmovable. They have clunky menu bars at the top, and some of
them overflow the bottom of the Cygwin/X window that they're in, and
there's no way to move down and see the overflow.

All in all, the update completely broke X for me. What do I need to do
to get it usable? I've already read this:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2008-11/msg00000.html

It's not any help.