Re: Connecting to an XServer with XWin

"Scott Fordin" wrote...

You know, as it so happens, I've been tracking down a solution to a
similar problem I just started experiencing today. In my case though,
I just upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10, and I'm trying to connect
to a Solaris 10 box. I can connect, and certain applications work
just fine, but a couple (in particular running a Java app withing
Firefox 2.x), as soon as a type anything in a form field, Firefox
crashes hard with XKEYBOARD resource errors. Based on what I've
found today, the problem looks like it might be an X configuration
error on the Solaris side, and it relates to Xorg versioning issues.
Specifically, my Solaris 10 installation is using older versions
of Xorg-related files; the new version of Ubunutu and, I gather, of
the Cygwin/X server use new Xorg files.

I'm in the process of applying a bunch of update patches to my
Solaris box. In particular, patch 119059-45 was identified on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/292973. We'll
see if it works.

Anyway, don't know if this might be any help to you.

Scott

jose isaias cabrera wrote:

You might also want to check your firewall settings. Firewalls tend
to get real touchy when the signatures for binary files change.

With the firewall turned it off, (just XP) and same problem occurrs...

I will take a look at this tomorrow. Though, this will be impossible, for other reasons, but, anyway... I would look into this tomorrow.

thanks.