Re: Connecting to an XServer with XWin

xwin :0.0 -clipboard -query 13.142.6.222 -fp tcp/13.142.6.222:7100

I'm a bit suspicious of this command line as the server is called "XWin"

Tried, XWin... same difference.

Are you looking for XWin.log in /var/log ?
No. /tmp.

If you open a cygwin bash shell, type the command to run the X server, you get
no output at all?
Cygwin X server is running ok. Well, xinit, is the way I start mine. That works ok. If you mean the command above, that is how I do it: I open the cygwin bash DOS shell and I type the command above.

If you add -once to the command used to launch the server, does it exit after
your first connection attempt? (if so, this tells me that the XDM or whatever
you are trying to log in to is closing the connection when you type, for it's
own reasons, or maybe it just doesn't like us anymore...)

This command,

XWin :0.0 -once -clipboard -query 13.142.6.222 -fp tcp/13.142.6.222:7100

exits the login screen once I hit any key in the user textbox. Is there any way to get the previous setup? Maybe it has to do with the keyboard problem I have read very little of...