Upgrade failed now remote X11 fails :-(

Hello,

I saw Cygwin/X is updated :-) yea...

I followed the upgrade instructions and it now dies a horrible death.

========================

I use cygwin/X to connect to a remote linux box via SSH.
I run KDE via that remote connection.
(By remote: I mean, in the same building - down the hall in a server room)
I forward the X11 session to my local machine via SSH in the standard way.

To be clear:
        It worked before - just fine until I upgraded

Remote machine runs: rh-el-4
Local machine: win-xp-pro - running cygwin.
Local machine: (Note: It is a multi-monitor machine)

I use this in what I call "X-in-a-box" [I do not know any other words to describe it]
I normally get one large window containing all other X11 windows.
I do not get "multiple-x11-windows"
The X11 window normally has a title bar & a "minimize" button.

The existing system worked - until I upgraded.

========================

Now the following happens:

Step 1: I run my shell script [ below ]
Step 2: I see the X11 window open.
Step 3: I get the "grey checkered screen"
Step 4: I see the KDE blue background & blue logo
Step 5: ... Ie: Starting kde....
Step 6: CRASH -  What ever it is dies a horrible death.

(A) The shell script I use to connect is below.
(B) The output I get on the cygwin screen is blow.
(C) The contents of 'Xwin.log' is below
(D) the output of 'cygcheck' is (attached)
   The normaly cygwin mailing list asks for this.
   I assume you want that info here too.

========================

------- cut here ----
The shell script I use to start X11
$ cat remotex.sh
=====================
#! /bin/sh
TARGET=rd-linux-2420
WHO=dellis
D_NUM=4

export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:${D_NUM}.0

# Cleanup from last run.
rm -rf /tmp/.X11-unix

XWin :${D_NUM} -swcursor -clipboard -silent-dup-error &

DELAY=10

echo "Waiting $DELAY seconds for Xwin to start"
sleep $DELAY

# Startup an xterm, using bash as the shell.

echo "STARTING KDE REMOTEL"
ssh -l $WHO $TARGET "startkde" &
echo "DONE RUNNING KDE REMOTELY"

exit

------- cut here ----
I get the following output from the above shell script
=====================

dellis@NJ55DTD1CJKVC1 ~
$ ./remotex.sh
Waiting 10 seconds for Xwin to start
STARTING KDE REMOTEL
DONE RUNNING KDE REMOTELY

dellis@NJ55DTD1CJKVC1 ~
$ Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
$ xset:  bad font path element (#23), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax
startkde: Starting up...
kbuildsycoca running...
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-Misc" missing on display "localhost:10.0".
QClipboard::setData: Cannot set X11 selection owner for CLIPBOARD
ksplash: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
ksmserver: Fatal IO error: client killed
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.
kicker: sighandler called
kicker: sighandler called
DCOP aborting while waiting for answer from 'kicker'
*** kdesktop got signal 1 (Exiting)
*** kdesktop got signal 15 (Exiting)
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
kicker: sighandler called
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
kicker: sighandler called
startkde: Shutting down...
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
startkde: Done.
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kicker: sighandler called
kdeinit: Exit.
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kicker: sighandler called
kdeinit: Exit.
kicker: Fatal IO error: client killed

------- cut here ----
The contents of /var/log/Xwin.log
=====================
dellis@NJ55DTD1CJKVC1 /var/log
$ cat XWin.log
_XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.

(II) XF86Config is not supported
(II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information
winPrefsLoadPreferences: /etc/X11/system.XWinrc
LoadPreferences: Done parsing the configuration file...
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
(II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
(II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
(--) 7 mouse buttons found
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
(--) Using preset keyboard for "English (USA)" (409), type "4"
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/TTF/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/OTF, removing from list!
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winInitClipboard ()
winProcEstablishConnection - winInitClipboard returned.
winClipboardProc - Hello
DetectUnicodeSupport - Windows NT/2000/XP
winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:4.0
[...]
winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.

winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.
winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.
winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.

winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Nested calls detected.  Re-initing.

dellis@NJ55DTD1CJKVC1 /var/log
$