[Solved]: XWin Server starting everything offscreen

Jon TURNEY <jon.turney <at> dronecode.org.uk> writes:
> Or have I misunderstood what you are describing?

I think I have fix.  I had the same and very annoying behavior that every new
x11 window or frame appeared 'hidden' and had to brought into view via
RightMouse -> Move followed by cursor keys.   I have a four-monitor setup.

It appears that where the 'primary' screen is mattered.  My primary screen was
the bottom-right one.  Changing that in Windows (right-click Desktop ->
Properties -> Settings; select the top-left window, select 'Use this device as
the primary monitor' and hit Apply) was the key.

Now with the primary window being window 1 at the top-left, all new x11 windows
and frame appear there.  Much better!

Last but not least, thanks to all Cygwin developers for continued maintenance
of Cygwin, and in particular for the x11 updates.

Cheers, Dirk