Re: X 7.4 ignores most keyboard input

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Mike Conley wrote:
>> Hi.  After upgrading my X server, I find that X programs ignore most keyboard
>> input entirely, with the exception of the numeric keypad.  I tried again with a
>> fresh install and got the same results.  Log file (generated by starting XWin
>> from inside a non-X cygwin shell) below.  Any ideas?

You win a prize for being the first person to spot that the numeric keypad
still works when XKEYSYMDB points to the wrong place, everyone else has just
reported that their keyboard doesn't work.

0) Try launching the X server via the link under "Cygwin X" in the start menu

> 1) rebaseall

This is possibly not the best advice.  I think the log would show if xkbcomp
was failing to run.