Re: XWin Server starting everything offscreen

Uh Huh wrote:
> Mark A. Ziesemer wrote:
>> Additionally, items like the taskbar on the primary monitor cause an
>> equal void to appear on the secondary monitor, as it is just one
>> continuous area that must fit on both screens.
>
> I see that too; I had thought that particular behaviour might be an
> artefact of monitors of a dissimilar resolution. Apparently not.

I think what you are seeing here is the fact that an X screen must be rectangular.

In -multi(ple)monitors mode, the entire Windows display area is presented as a
single X screen.

In default (windowed) mode the X server runs in the largest window that will
fit on your Windows desktop

A rectangle which doesn't cover the taskbar on one monitor can't cover the
matching area on an adjacent monitor.

Or have I misunderstood what you are describing?