Re: Problems with keyb layout and fonts?

Jon TURNEY ha scritto:

Please bear with me and I'll try to generate a package for this font.

Now that font-bitstream-vera-ttf 1.10 is released, I have installed it which seems to work! Thanks.

Now I have restored almost the full behaviour which I had with
X11R6.99... but I also want to flag this:

Usually I start X applications with links on the desktop. For example
for URXVT I have a link created with:

mkshortcut -A \
    -n Urxvt \
    -D /usr/bin/run.exe \
    -a 'bash -l start_urxvt.sh' \
    -i /usr/bin/XWin.exe \
    -d "Console unicode" \
    -w ''

(i.e. C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe bash -l start_urxvt.sh) and start_urxvt.sh
(in the PATH, /usr/local/bin) is

=======================
export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
#export DISPLAY=:0

start_XWin()
{
    # Cleanup from last run.
    rm -rf /tmp/.X11-unix

    XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error +bs &
}

/usr/bin/checkX || start_XWin

exec /usr/bin/urxvt -e /usr/bin/bash -l

Leaving aside the fact that now I have to use DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0 and
not DISPLAY=:0, when I clik the link there are, at least, two flashing
(dos) windows before urxvt is out, but shouldn't 'run.exe avoid them?
On X11R6.99 there are not flashing (dos) windows!

Perhaps I need to define some env. variables like XAPPLRESDIR etc.?

Cheers, Angelo.