Re: nedit gives X-error of failed request - also issues with (x)emacs

Hello,

Interesting. I quit cygwin including killing the X-server. Restarted
my cygwin by double clicking the cygwin icon, executed "startxwin.sh",
which prompted an X-window to open, in which I can now type !

Going back to the cygwin window in which I typed the "startxwin.sh"
command, I can now open xemacs successfully and can edit. This seems
like a solution.

So, the x-server shortcut on the desktop may be at odds. This one has
the following characteristics:
Target type: MS-DOS batch file
Target location: Singular
Target: C:\cygwin\lib\Singular\startxserver.bat
Start in: C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin

Should I change somethings there ?

The cygwin shortcut has the following properties:
Target type: MS-DOS batch file
Target location: cygwin
Target: C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat
Start in: (left blank)

I have now made sure to have the full X11 package as well, as I
noticed that some (only a handful) were not yet selected. However, I
doubt whether this was the reason as cygwin prompts when dependencies
occur.

The keyboard is set up as American per default, as I think this is
much easier to work with over the Norwegian one (or French or
whatever).

Greatly appreciated !

With best regards / Vennlig hilsen
Maarten