X server 1.5.3-2 candidate

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> I just checked this into SVN, hopefully merging everything correctly and
> adding a couple minor patches of my own; system.XWinrc moved to /etc/X11
> and XWin.log to /var/log.  Could you please svn up and test 1.5.3-2?

Works for me.

It doesn't seem to be possible to build Xwin using just the stuff in the
cygwin distro: Kdrive's kxv.c requires headers from videoproto.  I guess this
is failing to honour a configure check properly somewhere.

> One more thing I did notice:  running "Reload .XWinrc" causes existing
> windows to have their icons change to the default X icon.  This only
> affects the icon in the window decoration; the icon in the Windows taskbar
> remains.

Running anything which uses GLX seems to segfault the server :-(

I notice we are now loading swrast_dri.so, and I kind of lost track of the
magic you did to make it loadable, but I suspect something is still not quite
right.

> I would like to move X11 development to cygwin-xfree now, so let's start a
> new thread there for follow-up.

Done :-)