Fwd: Xwindows won't start

Hello!
   I just updated cygwin using setup.exe, and now I can't start
XWindows.   When I try, I get a pop-up that says:

A fatal error has occurred and Cygwin/X will now exit.
Please open /tmp/XWin.log for more information.

Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 1.5.3.0
Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Xwin was started with the following command-line:

/usr/bin/Xwin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

   The /tmp/XWin.log file contains this info:

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 1.5.3.0 (10503000)

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

/usr/bin/XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1920 h 1200
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning

Fatal server error:
Can't read lock file /tmp/.X0-lock

winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress

   Also of note - I don't see "xorg-x11-base" as a choice when
installing, and I no longer see an entry for the startup scripts...

   Any help would be appreciated!

JimE.