X11R7.4: XWinrc does not work anymore

Hello,
yesterday I installed the fresh new X11R7.4, this morning I also updated various packages and now the menu on the X tray icon does not work anymore: the menu items (also within submenus) are all there, but clicking them does nothing (apart a brief flickering of the hourglass mouse pointer).

I have a personalized .XWinrc in my home directory, so I tried to remove it and use the system's default one: no way.

Only the "default" items work:
  1) "Reload .XWinrc"
  2) "Hide Root Window"
  3) "About..."
  4) "Exit..."

All the other items do not work, even the simpler ones:

	xterm	exec	"xterm"
	notepad	exec	notepad

(so neither cygwin application, nor plain windows application, do work).
So it seems that the "exec" items do not work.

I tried to gather some info about this problem:
  - by looking into XWin.log: but found nothing;
  - by adding items like this one:

writesomething exec "/bin/echo something > /xxx.txt"

or

without any luck (the file /xxx.txt is not created)

I updated to X11R7.4 in two different PCs (with different configurations/cygwin packages installed/XWinrc/X configuration) and I have this problem in both.

I just wanted to know if this happens also to anybody else.

Ciao,
		Danilo

--
Danilo Turina
Alcatel-Lucent

7 anni 7 mesi 3 giorni 48 minuti 5 secondi