Re: how to recompile XWin.exe ?

ludo wrote:
> Jon TURNEY a écrit :
>>> I want to recompile XWin.exe but I can't find the correct source files
>>>
>>> could you give a ULR on a tarball or a CVS / SVN / GIT ... path on
>>> the repository into x.org or cygwin.com or ...
>>>
>>> I have tried without success :
>>> * git repository on x.org : target cygwin can't be build
>>> * cygwin source tarball of release 6.8.99.901 : 'xrx' program is
>>> missing in the archive
>>
>> My patchset here:
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-October/039442.html
>> should enable you to build a cygwin Xserver from x.org git
>>
>> I have a similar patch set for xserver 1.5.1 if you are interested.
>>
>> I am afraid I can't help you with the monolithic 6.8 Xserver.
>>
> What command line params are useful for compiling xserver ?
>    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/mypath ?
>    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/mypath --disable-glx --disable-xinerama
> --disable-xevie --enable-builtin-fonts=no ?

A complete answer depends on why you want to recompile the xserver.

--disable-glx is unfortunately necessary at the moment as some more work is
needed to make it work properly, as discussed here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=4906B1B4.5070808%40users.sourceforge.net

I use something like "--prefix=$PREFIX --disable-glx --enable-record
--disable-install-setuid --disable-xorgcfg --with-log-dir=/tmp"

One more thing to watch out for:  If your server fails to start due to being
unable to find the fixed font, assuming you have the necessary fonts installed
in the correct place, this is probably due to the fact that libXfont must be
statically linked.  A quick way of achiving this is to move
/usr/lib/libXFont.la and lbXfont.dll.a aside whilst building the x server.