Re: Get IO Error opening file

Hi,

one follows the other.

Try to find this file via Google or Yahoo, download it manually to the location where cygwin stores its files on your machine and then try to install it again.

This happens once in a while. Maybe the path is wrong or the file is missing on the server.

Erich

Kjeld Bak wrote:
Hi,

Trying to download and install Cygwin with Cygwin/X, I get an IO Error opening 'xorg-x11-fnts-6.8.99.901-1.tar.bz2'. I have tried to install from 5-6 different mirrors - allways with the same bad result. I have tried to install 'xorg-x11-fnts-6.8.1.0-3.tar.bz2' as well and with same result. Are there any problems with these packets. All other packets download and install ok. I have now a running Cygwin but without X-term, because when I start 'startxwin.bat' I get the error: 'Fatal server error: could not open default font "fixed" '. Has anybody a suggestion as to what goes wrong?

Kjeld