problem with xterm

hello i am a new user of cygwin
i try to connect my computer to the network of my university and use X
cygwin to use the same graphical environment as there.
I have two warnings that are not important as I have seen on the internet.
but then when i try to lauch a program for example edt as below, it doesn't
work.

I can't fix it...

user@name~
$ ssh -X network
user@network's password:
Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
user> edt
[1] 18207
user> connect 127.0.0.1 port 6000: Bad address
X connection to localhost:38.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

[1]    Exit 1                        nedit