XWin 100% after laptop lid close (with no action)

Hi All

I've read a few threads about multiwindow mode XWin using 100% CPU on Vista
actions such as exit or hibernate. What I'm seeing with the latest XWin is 100%
CPU after closing the laptop lid even though the Vista action on screen close is
set to do nothing. The screen indeed just switches off and comes back on when
the lid is closed and reopened, yet the X server will then be dead.

Other than not closing the lid, does anyone have any workarounds to try or
further handle on this issue?

Nick