Re: My program restarts six times under Cygwin when run under rxvt/xterm

Christopher,
Cygwin uses the equivalent of SetUnhandledExceptionFilter for its own
purposes.  It can do that because there is no linux version of that
function.

So, if you attempt to use it in a cygwin-aware program, you're in for
problems.  If you need to produce pure windows programs, I'd suggest
http://mingw.org/ .  It doesn't seem like you need Cygwin for the
above.

cgf
This small program is just a tiny part of a huge application, which is built natively on Windows, and intended to be run without Cygwin by the customers.
However we in development use Cygwin extensively, mostly to use the same scripts/environment as on Unix platforms (where our application is also built).
Hence your suggestion to use mingw is not applicable in our case. Out application is not cygwin-aware.

Still something does not look right to me:

(1) Even if cygwin has its own exception handling, how is it possible that it interferes with exception handling in my program (which is a separate process) ?

(2) Why this issue is not reproducible when cygwin shell is started in a regular (cmd?) window, but reproducible only in rxvt/xterm window?

BTW, I've tried running this program under bash, tcsh, and sh, and the behavior is the same - that is, the shell is not relevant to this problem, only window type is relevant.

It looks like a rxvt/xterm-specific issue.

I wonder if somebody can take a look at it...

Thanks,
Alex