Re: display depth changing when using remote desktop and -multiwindow option, unable to set depth manually with -multiwindow

Thanks Holger for the response.

-------------
You can't set Xwins display depth larger than the Desktop it is running
on. Usually that would be 16 Bit with rdp sessions.
Did you ever check on the rdp Windows Desktop that you really get 32 Bit
in Windows? Because i get 16 Bit even if i request 24 Bit.
-------------

I'm using a new beta version of microsoft's RDP which should support
32-bit displays (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925876), but I will
have to check whether it is actually working as advertised.

-------------
A possible solution would be a ssh connection and tunneling X11 through
it. Cygwin provides a ssh daemon for windows.

I am currently using SSH (putty) with tunneling to connect from the
office PC to a linux server.  The network administrators have not
opened any ports on the linux server for outside access, I believe I
can only enter the network via RDP on my office computer.  I will see
if they will allow me to open another port on my computer for SSH port
forwarding, it should indeed solve the problem if I can bypass the
office computer directly.

Jason