Re: XDMCP with cygwin kill kdesktop

Why don't you just run

kicker

on the linux box (in a linux terminal and inactive X server on the windows
machine)? Instead of the whole startx script which run many other programs
(relatively slow).

kicker is the task bar of kde.

> Sorry, I'm french, I don't explain my problem very well.
>
> I want to delete the linux desktop for just see the linux task bar on
> windows desktop.
>
> I join a window capture to be clear.
>
> Holger Krull a écrit :
> > Cyril Aubert schrieb:
> >> Just after login, I open terminal to kill process kdesktop in order to
> >> delete the red hat wallpaper.
> >
> > A really weird method to change the background image.
> >
> >> Is there a better way to delete the Linux wallpaper that to to kill
> >> kdesktop ?
> >
> > Yes. Use kcontrol / Appearance / Background
> >

> > --

Pavel Krustev
Head of Management Systems Section, O&M Division
Globul

mobile: (+359 89) 8400 842
phone: (+359 2 ) 9428 842
   fax: (+359 2 ) 9428 802