texmacs does not launch in cygwin

Hi everybody,

  I am using cygwin on XP on a DELL inspiron portable computer. When I launch
 "texmacs" on cygwin command editor I get the following message:

  Fatal error: I failed to connect to Xserver in
'x_display_rep::x_display_rep'

In the texmacs web page, it is said that:

If you get an error message including the following:

Fatal error: I failed to connect to Xserver in 'x_display_rep::x_display_rep

 then execute "export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:10.0" on the remote machine
and  make sure
 your /etc/hosts file is sound, i.e. it contains the line  "127.0.0.1
localhost" and
"the IP information about the local and remote  machine".

 In my /etc/hosts file I do not have "the IP information about the
local and remote  machine".

Any help?

Thanks in advance...

--