update cygwin and now X wont start!

Hi Everyone,
Today I decided to update my cygwin (probably had not done it in about 3 months) but now it just crashes on me when I try to start X. I did check out mailing list archives and google but no dice. I can't seem to get it to work again.

I am trying to run this on WinXP SP2,on an IBM ThinkPad. Again I want to make it clear that it was working this morning. I did not change any network/firewall settings. I do have a firewall up but it was working fine before the update.

Here is the message I am getting:

tapiar@wtapiar /tmp
$ startx

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.99.901-4

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

X :0 -multiwindow -clipboard

(WW) /tmp mounted int textmode
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already run
ning
winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "localhost:0.0"
after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

The /tmp/Xwin.log file:
tapiar@wtapiar /tmp
$ cat XWin.log
(WW) /tmp mounted int textmode
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already run
ning
winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress

Cywin was working perfectly fine before I updated this morning :-(

I have tried to updating the permissions on C:\cygwin\tmp but no dice. I saw some mention(s) about this issue being related to a Window's firewall, so what's the work around? Why would updating cywin cause it to get blocked now?

In any case, I do hope someone has some suggestions to get me up and running again. Thank You.

Rafael

Email: hiowatha@hotmail.com