Re: Latest 'upgrade' broke my XWin launch.

Some Developer <somedeveloper <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I just now upgraded to the latest version of cygwin. Now, when I run
> startxwin.sh, I get the following errors:

> 2. Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/,
> removing from list!
>     Fatal server error:
>     could not open default font 'fixed'
>
> I'ved followed steps under 8.4 of
> http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-error-font-eof but
> the problem (X not starting) does not go away.

I have no idea why thats there.
This is a MAJOR problem.  I'm shocked it has been there so long.
I got stuck on this for several hours a week or two ago and gave up.
Its still there now.

One person said they re-installed with text file type default to UNIX/Binary
instead of DOS and it went away.

Is there a Bugzilla for Cygwin/Xorg-XWin?