Re: xwin problem

bobby barcenas wrote:
hello,
I have been using cygwin and the x server very well for a couple of
years now, thank you, but recently I tried to update some of my files
because i was unable to run and opengl dependent file on xwin.  so i
looked online and ran setup.exe and installed the appropate files.
however, when that setup was compete i could no longer run xwin.
whenever i type startx into cygwin, i get an error message because it
cant find a font in a directory that does not exist on my computer:
/usr/x11r6/lib/x11/fonts/Cid
Actually the log shows:
-------------
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

The first bit about dah/dit/dah/CID is just a warning. The other message is the error.

This issue has just been resolved in the thread "Problem with starting X server".

--
Andy Rushton, Southampton, UK

Fortune and love befriend the bold.
		-- Ovid