X root window resize problem

I don't know if anyone has reported this yet, however, I noticed that
when I start X at 1280x768, then switch to my off-laptop monitor that's
set to 1280x1024, X doesn't seem to want to display xterm terminal
output outside the 1024x768 range.  I know that if I restart X at this
larger window size, everything works fine, but it's really annoying to
have to do this.  I'm running Cygwin-X dated 2004/03/25, though I know I
downloaded it about 5 months ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this so I don't have to
restart X every time I increase my display resolution from initial
startup?

---
Kevin Benton
Perl/Bugzilla Developer/Administrator, Perforce SCM Administrator
AMD - ECSD Software Validation and Tools

The opinions stated in this communication do not necessarily reflect the
view of Advanced Micro Devices and have not been reviewed by management.
This communication may contain sensitive and/or confidential and/or
proprietary information.  Distribution of such information is strictly
prohibited without prior consent of Advanced Micro Devices.  This
communication is for the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender, then
destroy any remaining copies of this communication.