RE: problem displaying Java GUI

>      I've looked in the archives for this list and found two
> or three similar issues but no resolution.  I am running
> Cygwin on Windows 2000 and connecting to a Solaris box.  I
> can connect via ssh and run applications like xterm, xclock,
> and xcalc successfully.  Running my own Java code, compiled
> on the Solaris machine, fails to display on my Windows
> machine.  I get the following message:
>
> Warning: Cannot convert string
> "-monotype-arial-regular-r-normal--*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1"
> to type FontStruct
>
> then nothing.  This behavior occurs with both the -X and -Y
> ssh switches.
>
>      Has anyone solved this problem?

     With fantastic timing, I've managed to eliminate the problem (although I haven't found a true solution).  Removing the line:

          JFrame.setDefaultLookAndFeelDecorated(true);

from my code allowed the GUI to run and be displayed on Windows.  This suggests that the problem lies with the Solaris JDK rather than Cygwin.

Regards,

Patrick

IMPORTANT
The contents of this email (and any attachment):
(1) are confidential and may be legally privileged - if it is not meant for
you, please tell the sender, do not forward or copy the contents
and delete it from your system immediately;
(2) come from its author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions
of Virgin Mobile.
While emails and attachments are virus checked,
we cannot accept any liability in respect of any viruses.
We may monitor emails sent to Virgin Mobile.

Want to know more about Virgin Mobile?
Visit our website for the latest info, phones and special offers
http://www.virgin.com/mobile

Virgin Mobile Telecoms Ltd