This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Questions for previous Cygwin/X maintainers
- From: "Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:56:24 -0500
- Subject: Questions for previous Cygwin/X maintainers
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I'm now trying to get XWin from xorg-server-1.0.2 running. I got it to
build with a few minor patches, but it can't seem to find the fonts,
similar to the FAQ:
I have all the fonts installed and have run mkfontdir, mkfontscale, and
fc-cache on the font directories. I've even tried running /usr/bin/XWin
with the old /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts directories (via -fp arg), but it
still can't find the fonts.
1) What are the bare minimum fonts required for running XWin?
2) Is mounting the fonts directory necessary? On one machine, on which
xorg-x11-6.8.2 was the first version installed, there is no such mount,
and yet the old XWin runs.
3) What else can cause X not to init font path?
4) Is there anything else that I should know that may be helpful?
Thanks in advance,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html