Re: Xwin freezing on startup.

Hi Alex,

On 22/03/2006 at 1:37 PM Alexander J. Herrmann  wrote:
>Because you're running in MultiWindow mode so no background screen (root
>window) will appear only the Taskbar Icon. A right click on this should
>give you a menue to show the root window.
>When starting a x-prog from bash did you set the DISPLAY environment
>variable prior to this like:
>export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
>xclock
>If not the x prog not knows to connect to which display.
>Alex

No, there is no right-click menu on the X icon menu, right-clicking does nothing.

Running:

 export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
 xclock

causes the xclock program to hang and no clock appear.

Using

 xwin -clipboard -silent-dup-error

without the -multiwindow causes a new window frame to be drawn with the title 'Cygwin/X - 0:0' that contains a copy of my desktop at the time I started it, but it is now 'Not Responding' and can be moved around and minimised, but otherwise does nothing.

Regards,
Brent.