Shutting down XWin after session? (-once option)

I've recently set up my windows machine to open programs off my linux
computer using Cygwin.  I've set up an extremely simple batch file and shell
script so that I can simply click on the batch file and it'll forward a
linux application to my windows machine.

I want to replicate opening a program normally in windows, so I'm using the
-multiwindow option in XWin.

So, after I run a linux application and close it, I want XWin to shut down
as well.  According to the Cygwin documentation, I can use the -once option
so that XWin closes after one session.

I cannot get the -once option to work.  Perhaps I simply don't understand
how to end the session.

If anyone knows of a way I can get XWin to shut down after I close the
window the linux app was running in (whether it be the -once option, or
otherwise) I'd be very grateful.  I'm probably not understanding how -once
works, so perhaps even if you could explain a way to get that option to
work, I could bend it to my own needs.

Thanks a lot.