Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory

Hello,

Started trying to compile a familiar Linux library under Cygwin and ran into a problem with the AC_PATH_XTRA autoconf macro which calls xmkmf which calls imake. The trouble is that even with xorg devel installed, and therefore I do have a /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl, imake will still complain because it cannot find this file. Based on strace it appears to look in the current directory, then in C:\cygwin\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\Imake.tmpl, then (C:\cygwin\usr\include\w32api\Imake.tmpl. I can actually work around this problem by just doing a 'touch Imake.tmpl' in the current directory where imake is executed by configure for this macro test. However, something is wrong here and I could not find a recent email about this problem.

To reproduce the problem, 'touch Imakefile;imake'. Should result in the following output.

$ touch Imakefile
$ imake
Imakefile.c:9: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 1.
 Stop.

Thanks,
Brian